A long tradition
Harbour BridgeEstablished since 1989 Pakaflex is a totally independent, privately owned manufacturing company based in Melbourne, Australia. It is wholly Australian owned by the Hamer family, a family that has been in the forefront of Australian manufacturing for more than 150years when Andrew’s great, great grandfather, Thomas McPherson, established McPherson’s limited which went on to be in the top 100 companies in Australia – even making the 8 million rivets required for the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Pakaflex maintains that passion and long-term commitment to manufacturing for the Australian & New Zealand markets. Manufacturing in Australia allows for efficient service and rapid turn-around meaning Pakaflex provides the product you need, when you need it. This quality and reliability have earned Pakaflex a client base that includes some of the most respected companies in Australia and New Zealand! Pakaflex has innovated and increased sales and production by more than 20% for each of the last five years and in doing so has invested in brand new high-productivity extrusion and printing capability to match the requirements of the markets we make for high quality, but cost effective products. Also, through its strategic partnerships, Pakaflex has the capability to offer and develop exciting new concepts and be at the forefront of flexible packaging innovation both regionally – in Australia and New Zealand – and increasingly throughout the world.
We aim to be the best supplier of quality outdoor, industrial and flexible safety products.
Pakaflex aims to be the best supplier in our chosen markets. To do this we value and focus on:
- Customer service and support. Innovate through listening. Deliver more than expected, We aim to provide the best turn around and delivery in the market. Ensuring you get the product you want, when you want.
- Product Consistency and Quality. You need your product to work as you expected, every time.We understand that quality is a given and our commitment to quality includes our Management Systems which are endorsed to the latest ISO9001:2015 Quality standard,
- Safety. We want our team to go home safely and the end of every day. We work hard to provide a safe and secure workplace.
- Environmental Leadership. We want to protect the environment by good manufacturing practices and innovation with appropriate degradable technologgies as they advance.Pakaflex supplies a large range of products and as part of a recycling program, even takes post-industrial plastic scrap to be remade into high grade non-food wrap products. This is plastics recycling at its best. When recycling is not possible, we also manufacture 100% corn-starch based bags for applications that require complete environmental degradation or compostability,
- Innovation and technology. We have done many things that bigger companies said were impossible. We will always be scouring nthe world for the combination of machinery, technology and capability to support innvation in the products we make for our customers.